In 2013, Blalock and Partners was commissioned to design the renovation of the Park City Library. Originally constructed in 1928, the building first served as Park City’s High School and was converted into a library in the 1980s. The design team sought to expose the historic character of the building by stripping the layers of subsequent interior and exterior wall construction as well as expressing the beauty between the historic structure and a contemporary addition. This strategy was conceptually likened to bark peeling from a tree trunk. Additionally, roof lines of local structures were used as inspiration in determining the geometry of the addition. The project encompassed a complete renovation to the interior of the existing building, replacement of mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems to improve the functionality and efficiency of the entire building. Construction was completed in 2016, and the building achieved LEED Silver certification.